PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2023, 16:14
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dubai

Originally Posted by easyflyer83
Because I believe the numbers for DXB tend to drop during July and August. DXB and the Middle East gets unbearable, India has monsoon season, same with much of South East Asia that has its rainy season and then you have Oz and the southern hemisphere in the middle of winter.
Wrong months I'm afraid. It is May and June that suffer greatly although correct about the Dubai weather in July & August. I was barely able to move out of the hotel pool in the day with temperatures 45c every day when I was there in July 2018 . I did know before I went it was going to be hot.

Alas the English school holidays seem to fuel the service in July and August irrespective of weather down route

Source CAA - 2019 latest year without COVID effects

DUBAI - May 2019 57433 (2 per day) - June 73880 (68% approx) July 92792 & August 99791(92% approx) . Note May was only twice daily but 67041 the year before.

Worth noting that May and possibly the first week of June were probably affected by reduced travel due Ramadan but you can clearly see the difference.

Even 2022 shows the difference although just 2 daily

May 51251 (73%) June 50797, July 64398, August 65612 (93%)

It could be for the BHX service although of course the times don't match but I doubt it would be load related in July and August as MAN would normally fill the original flights easily. However If there is a stored aircraft running late for re-entry back into service, then I would suggest delaying BHX would not be a good idea with Saudi and Qatar starting/restarting in the same week as the A380 which will no doubt generate some decent publicity for them both and I doubt Emirates would want to be seen backtracking on the A380 in the very same week.

Just my thoughts

Pete