PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New start-ups
Thread: New start-ups
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2023, 14:33
Cautious Optimist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New start-ups

After reading the slating of Global Airlines a planned new start up, it occurred to me that most new start ups get slated on here and often with good reason, it is one of the only occasions where keyboard warriorship appears to be vindicated. "Fred, Bob and Karen" on an internet forum should not be able to see things that so-called smart intelligent directors can't, yet that appears to always be the case with these start-ups. What scares me the most is that the people behind these attempts make it as far through the process as they do.

Anyway, to get to the question, I'm curious - what does a "proper" start-up look like to you folk? I liked what bmi tried to do towards the end, sending A320/1s on mid-haul routes, reckon that could be a good shout. What about a third package holiday player to give TUI and Jet2 a run for their money (wasn't the airline division of Thomas Cook the only profitable element?) Then there is the many regional routes that can't quite make the jump to a 50-seater ATR now that the Saab 340, Jetstream, D228/328s are dead (unless General Atomics / Deutsche Aircraft can really get the NG versions up and running - which I have my doubts about).