PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepotism in pilot selection
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2023, 16:42
menekse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by meleagertoo
Why would anyone think it out of order for an airline to hire whomsoever they like regardless of any experience levels stated in an advert. It is, after all, just an advert not a legally binding contract. If they see someone they particularly like they're quite at liberty to hire them regardless of qualifications as long as the candidate meets statutary minimum experience/standards requirements (if any) before commencing line flying.
I will tell you why.
Some years ago I participated a wizz air interview. One of the requirements was to have 300 hours in the last 12 months.
I had them when I applied but till they call me time passed. When they checked my logbook at the interview day, my flight hours for the last 12 months were around 270 and they didn't let me continue to the next phase.
How on earth is someone invited for an assessment without meeting the entry requirements for other airlines?
Let's say airline X is advertising for hours in aircrafts above 50 tons.
Do you think they will invite pilots with hours on a Cessna Caravan?
Even if Cessna Caravan pilots who will apply are super skilled or whatsoever they will never have the chance to show their abilities to airline X.
How the recruiter will take the responsibility to invite 5 times more people to check if ''likes'' someones who don't have hours on aircrafts above 50 tons?