PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways-2
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2023, 19:53
VickersVicount

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by True Blue
The good and the bad of BA in one day.

Was due to fly BHD - LHR - IST in business on Tuesday morning. Early departure from home and when on the train to meet my daughter, who was taking us the last little bit to BHD, I turned on my phone. Up comes a message, flight from BHD cancelled. We were re-booked from 9.45 to 1545, with a new connection out of Lhr to IST at 18.20. Of course, the 15.45 was delayed by just over one hour, we parked on stand at Lhr at 18.00. Missed connection. Went to the flight connection desk in T5 to see what was happening and when we gave our name, the lady behind the counter handed us two C class tickets for a Turkish Airlines flight at 22.30. Ok we had a long day, as we landed in IST at about 3.45am on Wednesday, with a connection at 6.20, but apart from being tired, we didn't suffer much harm. What did impress us was the fact that we had been re-booked without even having to ask. Why can't they be that good all the time?
Rebooking in that fashion only came about due to last minute panic and decision at high level to try and avoid some of the repeat inevitable fall out. When, as you say, it should always have been like that. So predictable and relatively easily improved/implemented