PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepotism in pilot selection
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2023, 11:17
skyguardian88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ilvee
Have you thought about the fact that maybe the personality and so called ”soft skills” may also play a role in the selection? Thousand hours is nothing if interpersonal skills are non existent. It can also play a role if the application is unsufficient or unprofessional.
I would’nt advice only blaming others, but neither I’m saying there isn’t some sketchy employment types and paid line training practices in place, which in my opinion are just unacceptable. But those kinds of practices will go on as long as someone desperate and in my opinion stupid enough to stoop to that level.
The same was saying a guy in airBaltic topic
There was a conversation about the pilots who were not filling the entry requirements and still got in
As a result just for the ab A220 fleet, there are 3 runway excursions, one AOG due a hard landing (93kt over the runway in AMS hitting the ground above 1200 fpm ) and an incident where an A220 started final descent before FAF and was flying at 600ft AGL in 6,5 NM before the runway threshold, over Brussels city in VMC