PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2023, 20:06
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they're following their BHX approach at SOU then don't hold your breath ...EZY are cautious about new base openings. Their first BHX route was GVA (like SOU) in 2007. (although I think year round from the outset although happy to be corrected)...for years we only had GVA and BFS then GLA and EDI after Flybe1 went bust in 2020. Slow growth to a base in 2024 that is being widely touted as taking over the current away based routes, leaving little room for new destinations ,( if indeed this rumour is true,)

Indeed no major reason for EZY not to eventually open a base at SOU but I think they'll have to grow away based flights first to a level that warrants the cost of setting up and running an operational base. At present, a winter seasonal to GVA and a couple of twice weekly domestics do not a base make. I think though that SOU must surely be in line for PMI/ALC/AGP by EZY in S24 in addition to EDI plus increased frequency on GLA and BFS?

The good thing for SOU is that the interest is there from EZY, however I'm sure none of you want EZY to dominate as BE did.....and previous posters comments about the BHX - GLA and EDI schedules are correct, constantly chipping and changing and no fixed early - middle day - evening schedule (perhaps this will change with the base being opened)