PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2023, 10:24
Rivet Joint

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Albert Hall
RJ, that's absolute b****cks. There's nothing here which says that Southampton will ever become a base. If you predicted that, you still have a very long way to go to be proved right. Yes, easyJet will have a presence at SOU and will be expanded next summer with sunshine flying, but that's not the base of which you speak. Happy to come back in years to come to see who's right, but for now, it's BS.
My prediction was Easy would start operating at SOU which they did with GVA. No one would believe they would operate the route from SOU when they did it from BOH. I then predicted they would expand beyond that route on summer routes and some domestic routes. Again no one believed it. We now have the start of the regional routes with summer routes to come next year. Probably waiting for the work to the stands to be done.

I have always said that Easy and SOUs catchment are hand in glove. I said if SOU made the changes to make their ops viable they would come. Here they are are now building their ops.

As I said, come back in 2 years when Easy have a vase and I have been vindicated again.