PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-6
Thread: EasyJet-6
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2023, 08:43
cavokblues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FRatSTN
These new route announcements from EasyJet get more and more baffling each season and re-affirm at lot of what been pointed out only slightly up thread.

It's clear there is an intent on growing and diversifying the EasyJet holidays offering with the likes of Enfidha, Funchal and Akureyri.

On the contrary they add the likes of SOU-GLA and BFS on extremely limited frequency and odd timings. Who are they attempting to target with this and what kind of yield can the realistically expect? I get they could just be testing the waters but you're not going to get a realistic consumer response on such a limited schedule. Surely these aircraft can be put to better use on deepening the frequency of existing core domestic routes?

The CDG-BHX on a daily frequency is a good addition but as to why they've launched 4x weekly CDG-SEN over a STN service I will never know! I expect a lot of backlash from that comment, but I think I've always given fair and realistic contribution here. SEN does well on the bucket and spade, leisure routes (it just needs quite a few more of them) and I'm sure the AMS-SEN service will attract enough of a local catchment in addition to their core London schedule. They're massively restricting their potential market on CDG though with this limited frequency SEN service. That's a route that should easily sustain at least a daily STN frequency. Also surprised GVA hasn't yet returned for winter to either SEN or STN.
I think all of that is fair and very reasonable.

In Winter Easyjet have, on some days, 10 flights + per day between Luton - Geneva. You think with that appetite there would be some market from SEN or STN.