PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots' Pals
Thread: Pilots' Pals
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2023, 21:50
gravedigger666

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by beardy
No not a crime. Nice and pretty girls as they may well have been, was it ethical to capitalise the sexualisation of 16 year olds and sell the images to men old enough to be their grandfathers?
Thats like asking if men are no longer attracted to women! Its not a question I'm going into either as the exploitation as you say has been going on for thousands of years and will continue for thousands of years.

However if you wish to go down this route I personaly know a lady that did a lot stronger than a slightly teasy calendar in the late 80s. Her personal view of it is that she had the time of her life! 99% of the people that were involved were in her words "professional". For her getting paid was a bonus, nobody forced her or put a gun to her head. It was a job, simple as that.

Its the 1% as always that put a bad vibe on these things.

I was 16 in 1988, so they were not aimed at grandfathers! but back then at 16, all I was bothered about was beer, women and airplanes!! not in that order. A modern perspective on something from 30 to 40 years ago is not how it was thought of then.

Last edited by gravedigger666; 25th May 2023 at 22:03.