PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International 2023 recruitment
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2023, 05:28
Kylie walker

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=Kayd23;11439600]I agree it's so great QANTAS doesn't discriminate against age and there are lots of middle age + older people working for international so you never know, maybe you can transfer one day

I applied for international and Syd base, but I live in Sydney anyway! I hope so too, the waiting is the hardest part but it'll be worth it and so many of us are in it together. Good luck xoxo[/

thank you, I appreciate your sentiment and hope they will allow me to transfer later. I still wonder if those older crew u mention first applied when young, and are now in senior Purser positions after years of working on QF, not new applicants at a senior age. this was why I chose Qantaslink/Jetstar, it’s better to be flying locally than miss out altogether. I think if the applicants page shows green dots, with all tasks completed, this is still a positive sign, like u said, just waiting..

PS. Sydney is the ideal location for intl. crew as SYD is the hub for international Every international destination goes via Sydney.

I live under the flight path at melb airport and when I look up the flights on flightradar app i see most international flights are from Emerites, Etihad, Scoot, Malaysia Royal airline flights. I never see Qantas international. I wonder if crew based in melb will have to fly to syd for their international routes. Probably..

Last edited by Kylie walker; 25th May 2023 at 06:23.