PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2023, 18:59
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernAlliance
ALC announced as next EZY base, that’s core sun routes of PMI/AGP/FAO/ALC (away based) sorted for SOU in S24!
Are you jumping ahead of yourself AGAIN 😉

As much as I would love to see EasyJet fly those 'sun routes' to SOU I'm not being too optimistic about it actually happening until the day it is officially confirmed.

Until that time I take everything I read on pprune about EasyJet and SOU with a pinch of salt.

If EasyJet did indeed expand from SOU I would personally love to see service from BCN. I regularly fly to BCN, more often than not from LHR with BA. It pains me to think that I can't currently fly from my local airport to BCN especially as I pass it on the M27 on my way to join the M3.

It's a shame that the previous Vueling flight from BCN to SOU didn't last long. I used it once and it would be great to see Vueling make another go at BCN to SOU. Even though Vueling have a base at LGW I can see a return of BCN to SOU working for the airline, especially with a BA code share.

But throughout my life I've never taken anything seriously until something has been officially confirmed. From my early year's as a young plane spotter I remember the endless rumours. It's what actually put me off plane spotting by my mid teens.