PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International 2023 recruitment
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2023, 10:09
Kayd23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree it's so great QANTAS doesn't discriminate against age and there are lots of middle age + older people working for international so you never know, maybe you can transfer one day

I applied for international and Syd base, but I live in Sydney anyway! I hope so too, the waiting is the hardest part but it'll be worth it and so many of us are in it together. Good luck xoxo

Originally Posted by Kylie walker
Hi Kay,
I initially applied on the aaltara website but when I attended AD she said don’t worry about that, referring to my Altara application form. I’m so for you, I wonder why they haven’t given u a date yet? when I hear of others who applied but have not got any response, I feel confused, if they are needing to hire so many crew that’s good news, but when? I was given a May 31st pending my auscheck approval/ clearance, or the July10th date due to possible delays in processing my background check’s. I hope they get back to you with a GS date soon, I bet your bags are already packed! Hey have they said they are paying for your flight to Sydney? I’m not working so this is a great help. I couldn’t afford to fly up, I’m kind of glad I am with the juky group as it gives me an extra 2 months to save up some money.

I just wanted to add to my reply, what position have you applied for?
regional, domestic, or international? I so regret pulling out of the international AD, I really would have preferred to work international flights but felt I was too old to be selected, and that they would only hire young beauties.. I would’ve made the cut 20 years ago but I feel I’m a bit too old now. I’m so glad (and very proud) that Qantas does not discriminate against women the way Emerites, Qatar & Asian airlines do. Did u know that crew are encouraged to retire at age 40? What a joke! That is NOT a career! It’s disgraceful, but women couldn’t even drive a car until 2019