PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways-3
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2023, 21:06
Accura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rivet Joint
They seem to be doing a lot more charter work and don’t mind cancelling a scheduled route to accommodate a charter. I guess they know their scheduled routes are never long term so who cares about goodwill. I don’t get why the SOU-MAN route which they have a monopoly on has fallen away. Used it a few times and loads seemed good.
Completely agree. I was using it roughly twice a month and the loads were getting better and better. My final flight with them on 21/05 (which was covered by an airline called DAT) was the first time I had a seat neighbour! It makes little sense to can it going into the peak season for cruises.

I agree with what has been said up-thread... they have pulled to route to focus on charters and the new Air France ORY feeders, which I'd imagine involve very little commercial risk for Eastern.

I really hope another airline picks up the route soon. I'll be journeying down to the south coast by train for the first time next week - just under 6 hours as opposed to 45 minutes! (and 50% more expensive)