PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTA-Global collapses
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2023, 19:34
Alex Whittingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the competitor is Skyborne, and their intentions will become clear at a 'roadshow' presentation on the 25th. I imagine they will want to take on the assets and goodwill but not the liabilities, or maybe just let FTA fold and restart a Skyborne ATO on the same site. Bristol Groundschool will do as it has done with Tayside pilots, we will finish off the FTA Global pilots' groundschool at no charge, should they wish to transfer. Unfortunately we can only help modular candidates, those on integrated courses can choose to either pay it all again to Skyborne (assuming that is their offer) or bale out ebtirely of the integrated scheme, get a PPL and go modular, which I would recommend for reasons which will now be obvious. If they choose that path, and have to interrupt their ATPL theory studies to do it, we will give them a modular groundschool FOC so that they can continue once they have their PPL issued. Let's hope there are no more ATO failures, although I fear there will be at least one more fairly soon.