PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2023, 08:59
tictack67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
Aside from London (huge O&D) and Amsterdam (JV hub for DL/KL), what other European markets have either DTW or MSP service on Delta?
How many of those 11,000 are terminating in DTW/MSP? Both are Delta hubs used to funnel feed across the US but are rounding errors in terms of final destinations. My assumption is that no comparable secondary market has service to either and any increase to Scotland would make more sense over upguaging an existing route.

That number is 11000 in Feb 2023, my point is pretty good passenger numbers for a daily flight compared to those routes I mentioned with multiple

FRA,MUC, CDG and Iceland all served from DTW, with Rome on 05/06/23

They figure is not bad, so for DL it's not as relevant as px obviously are either are connecting at DTW/MSP or terminating there.

Increasing their market without the huge costs of getting slots at LHR/LGW maybe their plan.

DTW serves 13 countries and 105 airports, MSP 11 countries and 124 airports

With the exception of climate change groups, the UK is the only place where arguments take place against the creation of new flight routes, or in this case even a rumour of a flight route. Quite remarkable really.

Last edited by tictack67; 23rd May 2023 at 09:19.