PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Accumulator check. Is the 7 Full Brake Application needed to be checked?
Old 23rd May 2023, 08:14
r0w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ahramin
ACCU PRESS inidcator — Check
You're checking (or ensuring with the yellow electric pump) that the ACCU PRESS indicator is in the green band (your accumulator is charged)

PARK BRK handle — ON
nothing here about waiting for a while and then stepping on the brakes multiple times

BRAKES PRESS indicator — CHECK
When you apply the parking brake, you are CHECKing for "normal indications" in the triple indicator.

So if you are doing the test as it is written, are you getting normal indications or not? If I was doing this test and I lost a large amount of pressure in the ACCU PRESSURE gauge and got an ECAM warning, I would not consider it a normal indication. Normal is a small decrease in pressure.
the FCOM is not detailed about “normal indication”. But yes, I know that the drop should only be little or small, and it would have to take several (give and take 5 or more) applications before the indication of the ACCU PRESS drops to a point where it is low enough to give an ECAM.

On the other hand, if the pressures drops and gives an ECAM with only 1 try / 1 application. This is NOT normal. But is there a reference we can point to or refer to, to say that this is not normal?

and to add… if this is the case, what assurance or other checks/procedures can we do to see if the ACCU PRESS would be able to give us 7 Full Brake Applications if needed later on given certain failure scenarios?

thanks Ahramin