PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF/Finnair A330 Wetlease
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2023, 00:57
34R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SevenTwentySeven
Ever considered S/O's are fairly paid but Captain's and F/O's aren't paid enough???
I have often considered that, and it would far too simplistic to answer NO to both, but if you pressed me for an answer I would say that on a reward for effort scale, some SO’s are hideously overpaid and some Captains and F/O’s are underpaid.

Which SO’s do you consider are fairly paid? If you answer all then it would appear some are more ‘fairly’ paid than others.

The pool of money allocated to Qantas flight ops has long been disproportionately distributed between SH & LH. AIPA have never really been interested in levelling that curve, and as a fair chunk of flight ops are beneficiaries of that distribution I think it would be fair to say that those pilots haven’t been particularly interested either. Having said that, you can’t put a bowl of cream in front of a cat and kick it up the backside every time it takes a lick. There is a system in place that rewards……..some……… and if you are able to take advantage of that then good on you.