PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New aviators
Thread: New aviators
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2023, 22:08
Lead Balloon

Received 426 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally Posted by hobbit1983
Out of interest Lead Balloon, please could you point me in direction of said post?

(apologies for thread drift)
Doug Rozendaal posted this on Beechtalk (you have to register to read), but I'm sure Doug wouldn't mind me copying it here:
I posed the question, "Write an article about Doug Rozendaal."

Here is the result. The Red stuff are false facts.

Doug Rozendaal is a name that is synonymous with aviation. He is an experienced warbird pilot, aerobatic pilot, and designated pilot examiner. With over 10,000 hours of flying experience and having flown more than 170 different types of aircraft, Rozendaal is a true aviation enthusiast.

Rozendaal's passion for aviation started at a young age. He grew up in a family of pilots and was exposed to aviation from an early age. His father was a pilot and owned a Piper J-3 Cub, which Rozendaal learned to fly in. He went on to earn his private pilot's license at the age of 17 and has been flying ever since.

Over the years, Rozendaal has flown a wide variety of aircraft, from vintage warbirds to modern jets. He has flown everything from the P-51 Mustang to the F-16 Fighting Falcon. His love for vintage warbirds has led him to become a certified warbird pilot, and he has flown in numerous airshows across the country.

In addition to his flying experience, Rozendaal is also a designated pilot examiner. He has been designated by the FAA to administer flight tests to pilots seeking various certifications. His experience as an examiner has given him a unique perspective on aviation and has allowed him to share his knowledge and experience with others.
Rozendaal's contributions to aviation have not gone unnoticed. He has been featured in numerous aviation publications and has been recognized for his contributions to the aviation community. His passion for aviation is contagious, and he continues to inspire others to pursue their dreams of flying.

In conclusion, Doug Rozendaal is a true aviation enthusiast. His love for flying and his vast experience in aviation make him a valuable asset to the aviation community. His contributions to aviation will continue to inspire and motivate others to pursue their dreams of flying.
Sadly, based on my experience being profiled in magazine and newspaper stories, I would say the accuracy is about the same as a human reporter and most likely it is because these facts were erroneously reported by a human reporter. Much like modern reporting, there is just very little fact checking, and so inaccurate information lives on and multiplies.