PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2023, 11:34
XSBaggage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A350Saltire
My parents went through today to catch their flight to Madrid and they said they were through quickly and sitting relaxing in a bar with a drink. I guess it’s peaks and troughs.
I totally agree with the peaks and troughs theory, although lately there seems to be an increasing number of peaks. Two departures from EDI last year spring to mind with me, one a mid afternoon to PFO that was smooth and easy, although with one of the horrible tarmac walks in the oldest part of the terminal, and the other was a first wave departure to MRS that, resulted in us almost missing the flight even though we had miscalculated and arrived in the car park nearly 4 hours prior to departure time.
I had never seen an airport as crowded as the first wave departure from EDI - all airlines (EZY, Jet2, FR) had horrendous queues at bag drop, and Security was packed and they were closing the entry gates more often than opening them - cue people shouting, screaming, pushing, fighting. Not pleasant. I don't know about aircraft movement delays, but I do know we had to be off our stand and wait remotely for our ATC slot on that morning flight. I'm happy for EDI's success, but it is definitely bursting at the seams at times!