PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New aviators
Thread: New aviators
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2023, 08:33
Mach E Avelli

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts
Baylover, as another old geezer from the bygone golden age of aviation, may I respectfully offer the following:

*Your anecdotes - if delivered with humour and without hubris - would probably be welcomed on Pprune. I am sure you have had experiences from which others could learn. Let's have them.
*Your career advice may not be relevant to today's market (low cost, race to the bottom, pay to fly), or what is in store for future pilots. Think eventual unmanned passenger flight. - we won't live to see it, but today's 20 year olds will. Sure there are deniers, but they are mostly silly old buggers.
*There IS life after aviation - some reminiscing is good for the soul, but too much is definitely bad. For the sake of your mental and physical health, learn new tricks (flying drones for example, which is fun) and do something totally unrelated (or perhaps photography using drones (not that I have been very successful at that!).
*Keep your logbooks and photos, but ditch all your old uniforms and manuals. Aviation museums would be grateful for the manuals - the uniforms make good cleaning rags when you are working on the car or boat.

Best wishes, Mach E

Last edited by Mach E Avelli; 22nd May 2023 at 10:27.
The following users liked this post: