PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Accumulator check. Is the 7 Full Brake Application needed to be checked?
Old 22nd May 2023, 07:42
r0w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320 Accumulator check. Is the 7 Full Brake Application needed to be checked?

Here’s the thing..

eng 1 provides green Hyd; Normal braking

eng 2 provides yellow Hyd; Alternate braking

when engines are shutdown/OFF, and we put the Parking Brakes to ON, or step of the foot brakes, then the ACCU PRESS on the triple indicator will slowly go down or be reduced.

in case of a dual engine failure, we loss both normal and alternate braking (kinda). And all we are left is the supposed 7 Full Brake Applications (at least 7) that the aircraft can give from the Accumulator Tank, which automatically regulates pressure to 1000PSI both on the left & right side.

in case of a Loss of Braking, we do the procedure and it leaves us with the Alternate Braking. But not necessarily with only 7 applications (since we still have Yellow HYD continuously from engine 2, correct (Q#1)? But if we have a Loss of Braking together with a problem of losing Eng 2 or the Yellow Hyd, then it leaves us again with only the 7 Full Applications (Q#2)?

Lastly, when we do the Preliminary Cockpit Preparations, on the Parking Brake part, 3 things are done:

ACCU PRESS inidcator — Check

PARK BRK handle — ON

BRAKES PRESS indicator — CHECK

during this time, I know that its the Accumulator Pressure that we are using.

Now, at times, after setting the Parking Brakes to ON, the ACCU PRESS indicator of the triple indicators falls halfway or more than halfway (even almost to Zero). Followed by an ECAM.

Question is, is this Acceptable (Q#3)? coz when I also recharge the Brake Accumulator using the Yellow Electric Pump so it reaches green band, then I turn the yellow elec pump OFF and wait for awhile, then I step on the brakes after, it gives less than 7 Full Brake Applications that reaches 1000PSI (lets say on the 3rd or 4th time. It doesnt reach 1000PSI anymore; recently, it didnt even reach 1000PSI on the first try).

Is there somewhere that says that the Accumulator MUST BE ABLE to give 7 Full Brakes Application, OR ELSE it will be a NO GO (Q#4)?

Thank you for inputs, clarifications, or any corrections in any of the details/info I posted that may be wrong.