PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eject! Eject! - John Nichol
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2023, 08:37
B Fraser
Tabs please !

Received 372 Likes on 223 Posts
I don't buy many military books however I read the review in this morning's Telegraph where it has been awarded 5 stars. It is on my holiday reading list.

40 years ago, I was a weather guesser and worked with a chap called Alan (Surname ??) who walked with a leg that was bowed out to one side. He was in a met research Canberra which undershot at Leuchars and found himself strapped to his seat with the fishes for company. He pulled the eject handle. He was rescued however was given the last rights with his wife being rushed to Scotland in a Hastings, as he was not expected to survive. He did recover and had a particular walking gait as a souvenir. A really nice bloke and a pleasure to know.

Anyhow, the 5 star review is at the link below.

Eject! Eject! by John Nichol: the seats saving pilots for decades (telegraph.co.uk)

Edit to add...... Good to see you Mr Tay Cough, I won't wait to borrow your copy, given our long standing habit of swapping reading material.

Last edited by B Fraser; 21st May 2023 at 08:51. Reason: insert comma, not an author !
The following users liked this post: