PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Passenger Limit in Australia
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2023, 04:00
SK_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zegnaangelo
FYI I wrote to CASA - actually asking about the Piper PA32 Cherokee 6. Don't propose to put it verbatim here, but in short the guidance suggested

1. PA32 configured as 6 seater can be used to cost-share. PA32 as a 7 seater cannot

2. Provided no hire/reward (I said no money changing hands), a PPL can fly a 7 seater PA32 and bring their family/friends for a joyride around town as it is a private operation

3. Confirm "no such restriction exists on the maximum number of passengers that can be carried by a PPL holder who is qualified to conduct the flight and who meets the relevant recent experience requirements"
I'm extremely interested in this response and also how it relates to real world scenario's like hiring aircraft as it hasn't mentioned operator ownership in Point 2. Let me see if I've got this right...
- Hire 7 seat configured PA32 - Not allowed! - AC must have registered operator (owner) on board.
- Own 7 seat configured PA32 - allowed with owner on board. Cost-Sharing not allowed
- Hire 6 seat configured PA32 - Allowed with cost-sharing
- Own 6 seat configured PA32 - Alloowed with cost-sharing

Also did this response cater for larger aircraft or specifically to PA32 as the exception. Say owner operated or hired PA-31-310 (8 seat) with 2 seats removed would technically be allowed with cost-sharing similar to the above scenario? This seems to contradict what's been said previously about this being maximum seating in aircraft. I've given this example becuase it's pretty much what I'm aiming for with my PPL.