PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal Conviction A Problem?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2023, 07:10
Kylie walker

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dougyboy
Hi,
Hope someone here can help with this one.
I have been considering laying down the cash for an integrated ATPL, but was wondering if the fact that I have a criminal record would affect my chances of a job afterwards.
I have 2 convictions, both of which happened over 8 years ago.
Does the Rehabilitation of offenders act apply in this case (Spent conviction)?
Does anyone have any idea whether the job of pilot is currently exempted from the act (Like solicitors, traffic wardens etc.)? or whether spent convictions must be declared when applying for a job as pilot.
If not currently exempt, then what are the chances that this may happen in the future due to recent events.
What would the implications be if flying to visa destinations etc.?
Thanks
if it’s a spent conviction you don’t need to declare it. If it’s aviation relevant eg. An act of terrorism or aviation related, then it may be an issue.
I’m wondering the same thing as an AusCheck background check will show old charges due to a recent driving charge. It should be a spent convictions but you must have 10 years free of convictions or the time period starts all over again! Cabin crew is my dream job and I think I ruined my chances.
I’ve made it through to the last stage of onboarding and would be starting ground school training if I could pass the security checks.
I’m not holding my breath 😔