PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2023 SQ Profit Sharing Bonus 6.65 months
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2023, 06:21
Babyjet_dododo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by corporal klinger
I don't understand why you are trying to convince others how bad CX is or will be in the future. If you believe that yourself than the only reasonal option is to leave.

So if you actually did leave it begs the question why you still go on about it. As I said, you are standing in front of a shop protesting without the intention to buy anything anyway. What's the point?

If you did not leave you invalidate your own line of arguments. I could not take you seriously anymore, with all respect.

And back to the shop, CX had to close the shop because of their insane government forced them to. While they were closed they only required a bare minimum of staff, so they used the imbalance between staff looking for a job and scarcity of positions to offer less money. Brutal, but from a business point of view reasonable. Other shops could open way earlier, and hence acquire new merchandise, hire/ train staff back and promote their product.Time will tell if Cx will have to raise salary again in order to have enough staff. I am sceptical, but would be great of course.

Reopening routes takes time, pilots are just one mosaic piece. You need to rehire local staff, promote the reopening, arrange maintenance, bring the ac out of storage, undust it and apply for slots, traffic rights and negotiate fuel and local engineering. What you are asking for is much much more than keeping thousands of pilots on indefinite standby at full wage ( that alone would have been suicide), you are asking for the entire ops to just sit there for years ready to go anytime. It's completely unrealistic. EK and SQ, all the American airlines etc are not better managed, they are just lucky to be based in countries with shorter Covid restrictions.

I
Ha! You just proved that you don’t understand how the airline industry works from a business perspective.

Cathay is very “risk averse” and like to sit on their hands and wait. The fact it takes them 3 years to put a route in place compared to other major players that can start a route in 6 months.

CX hands down is very mis-managed (Fuel hedging - Apple contract - Price fixing, etc….).

Have you ever been in a meeting with Flight ops and Planning? If you have, you would note that the major obstacle they’re trying to overcome is the lack of crew (both flight and cabin crew), engineering, over fly rights etc can be sorted in a matter of months. You’re right crew are a piece of the puzzle, but the piece holds its weight a lot more than others.

it doesn’t matter if I’m with CX or not, I know how this company is haphazardly managed and mistakes always flow to front line staff and management walk away with bonuses.

When Covid hit, the company, in a heart felt plea asked staff to take unpaid leave (SLS) on multiple occasions, to help the company, they make personal, then when they did the whole “sign or be fired”, it’s just business.

Most companies that have strong Staff retention, show mutual respect for each of their staff member.

CX went from being regarded as a world class airline to being the equivalent of VietJet but with Catering.