PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2023, 05:22
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pug
True, but the A1 and M1 compliment each other and provide choice. The fact that there is one East-West motorway connecting a combined population of not far off 10 million is pretty shocking. Soon as there is an accident/incident, of which there are sadly many, the road can be closed for hours. Whats the alternative for anyone travelling from East of the Pennines? A load of single carriageway A roads.. Then we have the trains.

I can fully understand why MAN is the major airport of the M62 corridor, but I do feel more should be done to allow us from the Eastern side of the hills to gain better access to it.
SW and Pug if i were traveling from Sunderland or Newcastle towards Manchester and Liverpool i‘d have done the East-West portion a sight further North of Ferrybridge !

As for the M62 you know one of its prime reasons to exist where it is is that its a land bridge between the Irish Sea ports and North Sea and well north of Keighley and Saddleworth there is bugger all but mountains and sheep for a hundred miles or more

Last edited by Rutan16; 19th May 2023 at 05:42.