PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 VS CAE VS Leading Edge vs FTA- What is the best choice 2021?
Old 18th May 2023, 21:55
nav3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The airfield appears to be privately owned. That IS a fact. Nothing to do with Spanish Government. The Ops building is a 20ft Portacabin.
The previous ops manager was a convicted Venezuelan paedophile who has now disappeared when found out.
They don’t have any maintenance down there I heard and can’t get instructors legally as neither the students OR instructors have Visas. They also are being heavily investigated by the CAA due to 4 major safety incidents now in less than 2 years I’ve got someone who knows of it.
Leading Edge will follow Tayside and that one down South feel very soon I reckon.

Leading Edge owe their students a LOT of money. I heard in their accounts at end March 22 it was over £6m I read somewhere. Must be and other £2m by now. One Spanish student going legal to recover his money. Big fans there and lots of Number 2’s it seems very soon!

Originally Posted by planesandthings
The new base is a fairly derelict Spanish airfield with little infrastructure, probably a fairly good deal was done with the local government who will do anything for a drop of investment.

As for the programme, At a minimum with 1000 applicants to this scheme it is likely that Leading Edge will make enough in assessment fees to cover half the programme's cost, take on some others who will likely go whitetail anyway at their own expense and LE haven't really reached far into their pockets at all. Some would say it's more of a lottery.