PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2023, 12:58
Breathe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bullish talk from the new CEO of AGS Airports in an interview with The Herald.

For Europe, links to the big European hubs of CDG and IST with Air France and Turkish and their networks would be great boost for GLA. Perhaps a summer seasonal to MAD with Iberia would be an added bonus too. The other priority would be to try and get Ryanair back with a significant route network.

Of the US3, United and Delta would be the best bets in attempting to restart scheduled US routes at GLA. Although, right now, they seem to be content with serving Scotland (and Northern/North East England) at EDI. Perhaps there might be an opportunity with jetBlue.

Hopefully this isn't just some hot bluster and another false dawn for GLA.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/busin...nching-weight/

Mr Cliffe said of Glasgow: “I think it is a fabulous city and I hadn’t visited enough before I arrived. I think there are just huge opportunities to grow that and develop it still further.”

Referring to his ambitions to build routes, he said: “North American connections we will target coming back, European paired destinations we will target coming back.”

He flagged potential for new services to Germany, the north of Italy, and Spanish cities such as Madrid, focused on “real business and trade” rather than the leisure market.

Noting recent successes for the airport with package holiday operator TUI, which is basing an additional two planes at the airport from summer next year, and Jet2, Mr Cliffe added: “We serve the leisure market extremely well. I think what I am describing…is our connectivity to support economic development and growth right across the region.”