PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2023, 05:33
sportzbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WHBM
So you think that for an 06.10 departure (as here) everyone should arrive at the airport by 03.10 ?
I'd say so. We all know there are problems with security at Manchester, particularly the bottleneck that is T1 and that is the advice given by the airline.

Sure it's frustrating when you do just that and breeze through in 10 mins, but if you do decide to arrive at a time that the airline hasn't advised, such as 1.5-2 hours before and you get caught in the security queue, which we all know about, and then the gate closes because you didn't arrive on time, then you can't blame the airline or airport who advised you to arrive 3 hours before.

Believe me I wish we could go back to the days when it was common to arrive no more than 2 hours before for an international flight at 45 mins for a domestic flight but circumstances right now don't allow that. Perhaps in the next 12-18 months we may see improvements (here's hoping). So the choice is, do as advised or use a different airport.

Personally I think the solution is not to keep chopping and changing the top security management but for the airport to look at the training they are providing to the staff as that is where the problems really are.....