PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2023, 22:16
eggc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could flip all of this and imagine how LPL has not been too pleased watching RYR and EZY become far far bigger at MAN than LPL. MAN has been seen many fold more growth from these pair while LPL as hovered at a similar level for years. LPL has to find a way to grow somehow and Jet2 seems a good fit with excellent reputation and product - they are a great success wherever they go.

As for Jet2 at MAN are they not nearly done there anyway ? Where could they have flown another 3 or 4 aircraft to ? Their network is very comprehensive at MAN and new opportunities must be limited now in regards to new sun and city breaks, so I see their growth at MAN coming with the introduction of more and larger 321NEO's rather than new destinations or increased frequencies, unless they somehow figure how to offer their holiday packages to the likes of Florida, Mexico and the Carribean and go long haul.....but is that Jet2's thing...I'm not so sure it is.

I see this as Jet2 increasing their nationwide market share and EZY / RYR at LPL will feel their arrival more than taking away from MAN. It will be interesting to see how RYR and EZY react at LPL now, more so maybe EZY as their business model these days certainly seems to favour bigger operations at bigger airports and I do wonder if LPL fits in with this in the medium term and maybe more so now Jet2 are setting up camp there.