PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2023, 15:09
Sharklet_321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by N123JB
Was once a regular flyer between Scotland and Southampton, using the airport as a gateway to the rest of the South Coast. Pre-COVID I’d always be happy with Flybe at <£100 return, however cheapest I’ve seen on Loganair is closer to £200.

Need to get back down there in a few weeks, it’s either Loganair at £250 or Ryanair to Bournemouth at £40 return, and I’m afraid I think the choice is pretty obvious. Sorry lads, SOU is one of my favourite little airports but Loganair and their absurd pricing really doesn’t cut it.
if you compare apples to apples (check in bag) then it comes out as Ryanair at £96 return and Loganair £131. However Loganair is four times per day and takes you straight to the Southampton train line at the terminal. Ryanair is 4 times per week and you will either need a taxi (£25) to the train station in Bournemouth or a friend who will likely be paying £5/7.50 drop off fee. The train fare from Bournemouth station to Southampton is £13 one way. Not to mention the time it takes to get to Southampton.