PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International 2023 recruitment
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2023, 03:08
Kylie walker

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Medicals

Hi Kel,
I attended my Bodycare assessment which was completed in about 1.5 hrs.
My physio assessor person was really cool, he took my blood pressure,
asked me to step onto the 3 min step test, while monitoring my heart rate. Very easy. I think this is all listed on the email so I can’t get in trouble for disclosing contents of the Qantas recruitment tests. It’s how companies measure an applicants overall fitness with a pre employment test.
I was then asked to move a bar (with no weights) the bar weighs 20kg lifted from shoulder to above head, i wobbled and struggled to do this, but I still did it!

Then he asked me to lift a milk crate filled with various weights, to check my upper strength and posture with bent knees, back straight.
plank for 1 minute, side plank for 1 min, on each side.
Then the sight test, which I failed without my glasses, and passed wearing my glasses. The print was like reading the ingredients on a packet of herbs or something, microscopic!
I asked what was the point of reading print that is not a normal size print?
and he said that’s just how they test eyesight. He said I have minor issue me with sight. Apparently I need bi-focal lenses. Although I can read text perfectly! I was planning to get contact lenses for work anyway. So if you haven’t re tested your sight in 12 months, get yr eyes checked beforehand, so you don’t fail anything.

I’m so worried about this as I don’t think he completed all the tests.

Kel, feel free to disregard any advice u already know, I just want to make sure you don’t drink too much water before your drug/alcohol urine test, as it can cause a false reading and you’ll have to redo the test. Just drink a normal amount of water before you do attend the pathology clinic, and do the
urine test BEFORE the Bodycare test. I just attended a Medical One clinic as its free and is conveniently located near the Bodycare clinic.

I hope this relieves some of the pre test anxiety. Good luck!!

PS. I still haven’t received my ASIC card. I can’t attend GS without one!

Last edited by Kylie walker; 16th May 2023 at 03:40.