PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2023, 22:29
SCFC1EP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I regularally travel through Manchester around twice per month

Security through terminal 3 recently has been a breeze to get through, genually around 10 minutes however last Friday went through terminal 1 at 0500hrs for 0610 departure arrived at entrance in terminal 1 only to be told to go through downstairs security next to jet2 check in, but they were getting people to queue upstairs to go downstairs, however I just walked passed and everyone downstairs checking in with jet2 was joining the queue so those upstairs had no chance,, however the queue was back to the stairs, and not moving,I asked a member of staff why upstairs was not open, told it was too busy, however when I went pass I could not see anyone in a queue, likely only fast track was open, this seems to be regular at Manchester., anyway back downstairs the queue was not moving when I said my gate closes in 40 minutes this queue would never get me through was told with a reply where you been, obviously not going to help spoke to a second person, they just said walk down to fast track see if they let you through in which they did, however it was jammed going through by the time that i scanned my boarding card gate was 10 minutes from closing now, spoke to another meber of staff explained that gate closes in 10 minutes, response I got was we only prioritise passengers through 30 minutes before departure time, explained all gates close 30 minutes before departure time but was having none of it, the attitude was we don't care, luckily a passenger told me to jump in there spot, finally got through but after allocated gate closing time and after a run to the gate just managed to board flight, only because they were late completing boarding flight meant i made the flight.
The attitude and assistance of the staff is totally couldn't careless attitude