PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2023, 16:37
stewyb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
I'd like to assume that stands 2-5 are to be reconfigured to 3 A320 capable. I stated 3 stands as stands 2-5 are to supposed to be reconfigured. Stand 1 will eventually be lost to an extension to the terminal.

But I hope you are correct with that information when you state that it's actually going ahead at this time. Again I asked this question on the airports LinkedIn page a few months ago with no real direct answer.

Regarding "phase 2", when is that going to happen and what will it involve other than the northern taxiway.

I know that finances are tight but the airport would benefit from doing as much now as possible so that it's in a better state for any future expansion. If it's left to "later" it might not ever happen.
Agreed that now would be an opportune time to add a taxiway from 14 out to runway (although not full length and never has been on current plans submitted). To confirm 1-5 is being made to 4 larger in the cul-de-sac, thus small stand 1 being incorporated within new footprint