PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2023, 09:00
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Makiko
You would work out the number of nights away from base and then you multiply that 400

So if you only made $20K in allowances then you only spent 50 nights away on duty

Well played you are the Royale of of SOs , Amen to you

If you were on a standard roster , you need to call the Qantas pay office , as they owe you $40K to $50K

Everyone flat stick at the moment & close to 50% of time on a trip, planes busy seats full , 787s especially so

Plenty of people getting $70K + cashy non-taxable "food" allowance on top of flight pay

Just have a look at the EBA 10 information pack - it is all there & that is 2020 data

Nine Day LHR & guys are getting close (or more ) than $4000 for food allowance - its regarded as pay , nobody I know spends it

Its money for jam, think what a Business traveller would get & basically double it , $500 or so per day in London
Mate your figures are so far out it’s not funny. I WISH I got that much

LH allowances DON’T average $400 per day at all. Have a look at the reasonable expenses table on the ATO website, that’ll tell you what you get per day. London, Singapore, they’re $400 a day. Japan, the US, I think it’s $355 a day. An India or a Bangkok, $230 or so. Domestically you’re only looking at about $195 a day. Heck if you go to Jo’Burg it’s even less than Australia!

And $300k for an SO? Mate you’re dreaming.