PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepotism in pilot selection
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2023, 08:25
menekse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KongFlyer
How is hiring someone with less than advertised requirements nepotism? Unless you can prove that the reason someone, without company required hours, got a job because of their relation to someone inside the company you don't have a smoking gun. A company can hire whoever they want, and if they cannot find enough candidates with advertised mins, it is entirely their prerogative to hire the next best thing. In fact you should be happy to see it is possible to find companies that are flexible in their hiring processes. You having hours doesnt entitle you to anything other than applying for said jobs - life is not fair.
I would rather focus my attention on the people buying their way into the industry with paid line training and creating an unfair advantage for themselves. Those guys are a much bigger threat to you.
So you are saying that after the pandemic airlines in EU have hard time finding qualified pilots? Most of airlines ceased hiring since late 19, lots of experienced pilots lost their jobs especially in China and the war in Ukraine made it worse.
I say that there is no way that airlines are forced to hire below the requirements cause of pilot shortage, that’s a joke