PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates rumour mill
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2023, 10:46
Pif Paf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shazeem
24 weeks...
at least the halfpay period has been corrected.
Shazeem, not it hasn’t

Let us be very clear this is a bonus, gladly received by those eligible BUT NOT IN ANY WAY repayment for the salary deducted!

Let us think of this another way, lets say you helped someone out during Covid because they were struggling. Having not been repaid anything for 2 years you then find that the person suddenly got a big bonus, I am sure you would be happy for them. However, if they then decided to upgrade the car, put new entertainment system in, put new interior in, splash the money around to keep everyone happy BUT AT NO POINT talked to you about when they would be repaying the money you had given them, then you would quickly become exceptionally unhappy!

(Also if the salary deducted was included in the 24 weeks as you imply, then it would mean that bonus for those who had the 6 months at half pay would in effect be half the bonus given to everyone else who qualified.)

I would have thought that any decent company would repay the employees the deducted salary money first and then pay a bonus. Sadly, as usual EK are trying to conveniently forget the deducted salary!! Upper management (and I mean DSVP and above because SVP and below have no input) will hope by not talking about it we all forget in time!! However it is something to bring up just before you leave!

Lets reiterate that everyone who received the bonus is very grateful. I do feel for those who weren’t eligible for whatever reason, it happened to me many years ago so I know how it feels. But it is a bonus and not a repayment of the salary deducted!

Now what we want is the contract adjustment letter with a serious pay rise!!!!