PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Intentional plane crash?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2023, 05:24
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Car RAMROD
is this the red bull stunt that didn’t get permission, and both pilots had their licenses pulled by the FAA?
or something like that? I didn’t keep up to date, only snippets, so I’m not sure what happened with all of that.

if so, sounds very meticulous. Just about on par with each other, just one had a bigger budget and more players.
It was meticulously planned, you're talking about 2 C182 specifically modified for this stunt with two experienced Pilots/Skydivers, with the ground crew keeping the area clear in an area they'd thoroughly checked out to start with to ensure no one lived there or anything like that along with actually attempting to get proper permission. They just went ahead and did it without the proper permission. Nowhere near the same as a dude taking a crap box for a flight and jumping out somewhere then trying to dispose of the evidence afterwards and lieing about it.

As I said, both are against the law but to very different degrees, and is why one is facing very large jail time and the others just had their licenses yanked and are therefore not on par with each other.