PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2023, 13:04
rubymurray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OzzyOzBorn
In what way do you consider NW demand to be under 'pressure'? The MAN operation appears to be thriving and Jet2 seem very happy with it. Flights are rarely delayed, customer feedback is strong, and most importantly the customers keep rebooking. Including me. I'm flying with them again in just under a fortnight. There is no impression of them being under "pressure" when I've used them through MAN ... they're one of the best staffed and best run operations around. Very professional.

I actually think the next Jet2 base will be a reopening of either ALC or PMI which were active pre-covid. They offer down-route resilience and could be used to establish a presence into smaller UK airports, or offer arrivals at the busiest UK hubs between the departure waves of the based fleets.
I think what they meant was that demand is outstripping supply in Manchester and there is very little room for expansion, adding Liverpool as a base would complement, not compete, with the Manchester base. It’s been a rumour for a while and I’m sure holidays from Liverpool would be very popular with customers and also many of the crew who live in that area