PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is happening at bmi??
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2004, 18:08
Goodness Gracious Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that Bob J was always supposed to be taking Dave's job. Bob's a great guy & will do a great job but maybe Dave got off enough by that to look elsewhere - I get the impression office politics had a part in this. If it's true about Dave's departure, it is, as you all say, a very sad loss to the company & training dept.

I totally agree with shafted@work. It's about time the "management" sorted themselves out & started looking after the troops. The pilot management are mostly a nice bunch of guys (with the odd exception) but they seem to forget about the guys at the "coal-face", probably because they're being worked to the bone by the organ grinders above them, without the resources they need . As for the CEO.... We still haven't even had a memo/letter about the new ABZ/INV/NAP routes which were announced on the company website over a month ago. Pathetic. No info about what's going on with the Fokkers. No info about what's planned for the A319s. No info about what's planned for the 3rd A330. No info about potential commands (or lack of them). No info about anything.

As soon as Virgin get the nod from the EU for the Oz route, there will be a whole load more excellent guys leave bmi, not that they care in the slightest. Just open another tin....