PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2023, 11:18
Gazza mate

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Makiko
ClearIce " Nobody asking for favouriticism" - well their is massive favouriticism atm

Well you should put it to QF that everyone gets evaluated same manner such as
  • No exclusive annual intake for "internals"
  • Internals do not get processed first - like 2016
  • All applications are evaluated on equal merit - not automatic right for internals to get selected for test, if only 20/25% of externals get test same for internals
  • Internals have to do all elements of selection , including sim
  • Internals have to achieve same test thresholds to proceed , 2022 got interview & job & onto hold file with 1/5 , externals hire 4/5

"Found to have passed selection"
  • How is getting a 1/5 for test a "pass" same external would not get through the door
I don't know if its legal / not -legal for QF to have to massively different standards & processes for hire of pilots , but that's certainly what you have
, so difficult to understand the relentless complain

It might well be that QF can lawfully move their Pilots from subsidiary to Mainline without any selection process , suspect they probably know what
they are doing - so all is above board

But to pretend that internals/externals compete on equal terms is incorrect in every way that you could be incorrect

Everyone knows that many of the internals who have joined since 2016 were rejected by mainline more than once in the 2000s

Goodluck to them , their ship came in

But not so goodluck for the military instructor guy , or someone who was jet LHS overseas & "done it all" who was among the 75 % who didn't
even get sent a test

To pretend QF choses best candidates as Pilots with new process - couldn't be more incorrect. They are hiring internals who have often been rejected multiple times , 2000s or 2016/18 whatever & have turned up to their entitlement to have an interview interview ,with the dizzying test score of 1/5. I say well played, but just don't kid yourself that would have had a hope in hell in competing on level playing field

Why do the good folk seem so opposed to letting others know easiest pathway to Mainline

Think i just answered my own question

Waiting for the parrot like reiteration of "the Narrative" ; Its just so unfair for the QF group pilots , QF group pilots get treated like dirt, if I told you once I have told you 100 times if
you want to join QF mainline never ever ever join a QF group airline , Join Rex Virgin or Air NZ & you will get to mainline much more quickly
Makiko, is the full stop button on your keyboard unserviceable?