PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair DEC with ICAO ATPL
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2023, 23:01
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jumpy737
Does anyone know how this process works with the IAA Validation? With the right to work in the UK, would this validation be temporary until you've written the exams? What is the pay (go easy! I know this topic leads to many opinions). As far as bases go, it asks to select 3. Are they generally honoured?

Thanks
RYR DAC in UK is still overseen by the IAA. They gave the last influx of Brazilians a few years ago 12 (maybe 14?) months to pass the ATPLs, and allowed them to operate during that time on a validation.

With the right to work in the UK, you will pretty much be put into Uk. Every new upgrade is currently being forced into the UK.

Pay, as above. Paid less as a DEC for the first 2 years.

Payrise? Personally I think it is unlikely.

At the moment ryr is having an exodus of FO and a steady stream of capts leave, predominantly UK based.

Fo exodus is incredible. Every shift I estimate half are serving notice or in application stage. Even some lads that only finished line training a few months ago are interviewing elsewhere.

A new batch of capts served notice this week to go to j2, the pay gap now is such that if you are in your 40s, it is about half a million quid on the balance of your career earnings…An upgrade ready FO in j2 is paid not far off what a new capt in Ryr gets (if you include their bonuses at j2).

I think “management”, are just going to let this happen and hope fire fighting gets them through it.

They know deep down, ryr is not an aspirational career choice, and if they paid everyone more money today, people will still leave tomorrow.

For the last 25 years they have been on a mission to cut pay, the same leopards in charge will not change their spots due to a temporary recruitment frenzy elsewhere.