PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2023, 09:50
Makiko

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
You would be the one that is 100% incorrect

In 2022 there was a different standard applied for internals - which was effectively "no standard" with regard aptitude
if you got 1/5 still got interview , same standard of 4/5 applied in the 2016 & 2018 intakes equally to externals & internals

2018 ; All internals got test only 25% of internals did - same for 2022 - 75% of externals didn't even get to compete

So a ton of internal 1/5 scorers attended mainline interviews & got on various hold files to move to mainline

They didn't even get the required score to get a job with their own subsidiary which is 3/5

So if I was an internal and got the mighty 1/5 & turned up at QF mainline & said "Wheres me job ?" & managed to get on the Hold file
I would be pretty happy . Have to look in the mirror & understand that you wouldn't have had a snowflakes chance in hell competing on the "open market"

Clearly their are two different standards for mainline entry , externals much higher performance required & more elements

Don't you know anyone on the mainline interview panel , they were getting sick of subsidiary pilots turning up with 1/5 & lousy attitudes & average employee
performance at subsid - still had to hire them