PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2023, 17:13
Confusious

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Plastic787
Two replies above spoken like individuals who would happily shaft a colleague for no good reason (this was not a training flight) other than to make a point to somebody when the Ops manual clearly allows it.

So you’re basically saying you’d poison your relationship with a colleague and potential future flightdeck partner over a perceived point of principle so you can play the big I am “I’m the captain what I say goes”? Wow. Just wow. I hope to never have to share a flight deck with you.

anyway best take this argument elsewhere as I’m obviously the king (or queen) of thread drift. ATB.
Someone has been blessed with an enormous chip on their shoulder. Hopefully your comments are influenced by keyboard warrior syndrome. Firstly, I would suggest a reread of your initial comment which is somewhat contradictory; you referred to how poor it was of the Captain to POTENTIALLY disrupt the company operation, then you go on to say that you WOULD disrupt the situation to prove your point. I'm sure all here appreciate the importance of teamwork and CRM, but your knowledge appears to have one gigantic gap in it; the buck does stop at the Captain. Sorry to break that news to you but it's a vital piece on knowledge that should not escape any crew member's attention. Frankly you're either a troll or an individual bordering lunacy. Please answer this one question honestly, so that we can grasp some reality out of your outbursts; Would you send an email to management stating how you'd offload yourself from a flight down route in the event that you did not agree with a Captain's decision? And regarding the thread drift, yes this is well off piste but hopefully educational for any potential newbies to the company. They will no doubt draw their own conclusions based on their experiences, training and common sense.