PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2023, 06:50
Kyuubi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reacrational Pilot License Struggles

Hi All,
I am a Year 12 student, and my start to aviation has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride, with the rollercoaster mostly being on the bottom. I started flying when i was 15, finishing basic manoeuvring skills and getting closer to circuit training then... COVID-19. I was locked out of flight school on and off for a year and a half where i would find myself repeating some classes due to the time gap. Then when i was in year 11 i did my first solo and my training area solo's which i found very easy due to me finally getting FSX on my computer.

Eventually when year 12 came it was time to do the RPL exam. For the first portion of the year i had time to study so i booked in my RPL exam ready to go. I sat down and got through half of the questions when the wifi crashed and the CASA exam website crashed. I waited hours for the test to come back alive. A few hours later it came and on... then crashed again. Eventually i failed the exam. 63%

The next time came around, year 12 had started and it hit me like a bus. Stupidly doing so, i didn't study what so ever and reattempted the RPL exam. I did some practice exams in flight school which resulted in me getting alright results. So time came, and i failed the exam. NO SURPRISE. 61%

My instructor sat me down and told me options, "if you failed your 3rd attempt you will have wait three months. Since the PPL exam will be unlocked, we could study for that instead but we would need to teach you NAV". So here i am writing this, because i want some advice. I have been studying for 2 months on and off, trying to aim a average of 90%> on practice exam but i am achieving around 85% on the practices. I do feel terrified to enter the exam room and fail again. This has been very stressful for me, and i really do want to be a pilot. What should i do and is there any study techniques i should me mindful about. How do i balance this and year 12.

Thank You
kyuubi