PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 5th May 2023, 16:14
bakerin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Best Route: Integrated vs Modular

Greetings everyone, just quickly, if you have not had a chance to read my first post, I would kindly urge you to do so. It would provide you with a better understanding of my background, objectives, and the questions I am seeking assistance with. I would like to express my gratitude for the immense assistance received on my initial post. While some members suggested that I may be averse to putting in the necessary effort and waiting for opportunities to materialize, I recognize that my lack of knowledge in comparison to the esteemed community members here has compelled me to seek guidance for commencing my journey and identifying the initial steps. While I understand that sponsorship opportunities are scarce, I have concluded, after careful consideration of all the posts, that the modular approach may be optimal for me given my absence of flight experience, barring occasional passenger travel in my father's plane which he no longer possesses, unfortunately. In my earlier post, I had mentioned my inability to finance flight school, but after conversing with my parents, it appears that funding may not be an insurmountable obstacle, and hence, that avenue remains open for exploration if necessary. I would be grateful for any insights into the feasibility of this option or other potential pathways that might be more advantageous.

I was also curious about the time and cost involved in achieving an ATPL via the modular route (though I acknowledge the answer to this may not be straightforward), as I've heard that this is the objective I should be targeting. Furthermore, I had heard about the existing dearth of pilots in North America, and I was pondering whether pursuing an integrated approach and acquiring a pilot's license in North America could be a viable alternative for me, if I were to obtain a green card.

I apologize for being unable to respond to comments on my previous post due to technical constraints, but I wish to extend my heartfelt appreciation for the invaluable insights and experiences shared by everyone. Your assistance has been of tremendous help, and I remain grateful for your continued support.