PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ or QLink?
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2023, 02:59
Makiko

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
So if you keep repeating the "narrative" that somehow makes it true

"the Sopwith pup is a more deadly fighter than the F18" , "the Sopwith pup is a more deadly fighter than the F18"

The only internals who didn't get test/interview were those with recent training failure or other recent issue (eg: disciplinary)

Whereas for externals a quarter get a test , maybe half get required score, so only 10/15% of applicants get to interview (where you also have sim)

Why do people get so bullish on this issue when it is plain obvious that as an internal you have very significant advantage , whether that is 4 times or 6 times or ten times - well thats
another Q. Since 2016 at least half of new hires from internals

I notice no comment on "internals only" pathway to mainline , start in January 24 & to be annual thereafter - this pathway for internals only

Likely a longer wait at ANZ to get to mainline & also like QF an interview involved. How many at NZlinks above you would want to move NZmainline (you would think most)

Sure some good opportunities in USA, but would it be wise to leave a full career at your own country link/mainline to expatriate ?

It all went tits up for many who left to go to Asia/ME , unilateral changing of contracts, expats first out the door etc

At least in the US rule of law country & you get treated same as locals

But the wage data that Atlas were touting was misleading as so many Australians have found out , ($350/$450K USD for FO after 3 or 4 years) & was
based on Covid penalty rates & just isn't achievable right now

You would have to wonder how some of the Australians who left LHS at Virgin or QF group airlines would be thinking now regarding their decision

It's difficult to understand why so many , just accept the promises made by OS Airlines (whether US or ME) at face value

On the flip side for those who don't have a job offer with the "links" , well US Regional or LCC looks way way better than what is on offer in Aust/NZ

This debate about "to get to mainline join another" is very boring , so I'm out of this one