PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Raids Meatbombers.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2004, 12:05
0tter1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor old PROPSWINGA would have had a heart attack down at Corowa a few years ago during the 11 Cessna formation loads.
Its a shame the pilots were formation rated..

! Can anyone give me JUST ONE sound and valid reason why two aircraft, with 5+ bums on each would need to depart for para ops IN FORMATION (including the take-off) The most experienced of us cannot do this sort of thing (with even one pax onboard) when flying display aircraft as it is considered too dangerous and unnecessary!
I seem to remember when doing my formation rating, having someone else on board. Instructor?? I have to disagree a little im affraid. Not with what is going on at your airfield, but your statement. The most experienced of us cannot do this sort of thing (with even one pax onboard)
The whole reason behind doing a formation rating is so that when you are actually flying in formation, near the ground or in the air, you can do so safely and legally. If taking off in formation was so deadly dangerous then it would not be allowed full stop!! You should try dropping in formation!

Last edited by 0tter1; 16th Jan 2004 at 12:32.