PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ or QLink?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2023, 19:33
On Guard

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Makiko
Good idea to apply for Aust citizenship if you go to Qlink , but question as NZ/Aust & maybe you already have that
Are you interested in moving to mainlines
NZ: you are "guaranteed" to flow , as stated 90% of mainline pilots to come from NZlink , question how long
Aust: QF planning to recruit 200 SO per year next five years
No "guarantee" to flow , but you have a massive advantage over external applicants
1. 100% of internals get selected to do online aptitude, last couple of external hirings only 25% got to do
2. 100% of internals proceeded to interview 2022 regardless of test score , internals need at least 4/5
3. No sim for internal applicants

So whilst not "guaranteed" progression to mainline , much bigger chance than external applicant

Also QF subsidaries have just told staff (in writing) that there will be an exclusive recruitment for internal applicants in
January 2024 & the plan is to do this every year (ie: external applicants cannot apply)

So I don't know how much of a "leg up" people want but it sounds like a pretty good bet (imho)

Likely you would still have to spend a few years at Qlink before commencing at mainline

Good question that one , what is least amount of time spent at subsidary before moving to mainline

& QF group has more airlines if you prefer freight or faster promotion at JQ or something

Thinking better chance to QF mainline from outside group , true once but that's from 2000's and last century, the advantage
internals at QF have in moving to mainline just keeps getting bigger

The USA is on the other side of the world, personally I like it but a lot of Australians don't
Reading this I’d say q link. You can try mainline and have anz as a backup. Your career at qf mainline will likely suffice anything nz can offer just due to sheer size and timing. IF you can handle your career being in Au.