PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viking restoration at Blackbushe
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2023, 07:25
Wycombe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Despite my moniker, I have almost lifelong links to Blackbushe and have been volunteering with Blackbushe Heritage Trust for just under a year now.

A year ago, we never thought we'd have the aircraft back at Blackbushe so soon, but thanks largely to generous corporate support (how often do you hear that these days?), including the Airport itself, she is now here and the harder/longer-term work begins.

I was lucky enough to be part of the Team of volunteers and trustees that travelled to Bad Voslau a couple of weeks ago to take her apart, and witnessing how tricky some parts of that were leaves me in no doubt that the reconstruction won't be easy.

But, we have a fantastic Group of people involved (most with either a current or past professional or non-professional link to aviation, the Airport, or the aircraft itself), and a great team spirit.

The links already posted above provide the necessary details if you feel motivated to get involved!

Edit: link to BBC News website article Rare 1940s aircraft arrives in UK for restoration

Last edited by Wycombe; 4th May 2023 at 09:41. Reason: BBC link added